Deployment Architecture

How to upgrade a single Search Head to a Search Head Cluster?

lucacaldiero
Path Finder

Hello,

please I would like to know if the best approach to "move" a single Search Head  to a Search Head Cluster is to deploy first a deployer, than a single-member search head cluster (connected to the deployer and elected as captain), with replication factor to 1, and then add other members to the Search Head Cluster.

Info here: Deploy a single-member search head cluster - Splunk Documentation

Thanks and kind regards.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

lucacaldiero
Path Finder

Ciao Giuseppe,

thanks for helping, but I have to apologize, because my question was not well explained.

I have an environment with only one search head and I would like to move to a cluster environment; there are not other search heads at the moment.

I know that at the end I should have 1 deployer and 3 search heads, but, as told above, for the time being I have only one server: a search head.

Thanks again.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @lucacaldiero,

in this case you have to create you Cluster from zero:

• install Deployer and the other Search Heads,
  • copy the installed apps (custom or from Splunkbase) from the actual SH to the Deployer (to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/shcluster folder),
  • configure the Cluster following the instructions of the previous message ,
  • deploy Apps from Deployer to all the SHs.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...