Deployment Architecture

How to update App configured status when using customized setup page

chenyanyu

Hi Splunk Experts,

I'm in the middle of a Splunk App development. To take fully control of user input , style and functionality of the setup page, I use setup "redirect" to redirect the setup page to a html highly customized one. Everything works fine, reach my expection, but I'm running into a problem of app 'configured' status update. As the app.conf configuration file doesn't update automatically , my application is always in a blank unconfiugred status, any visit will jump to the app configuraiton remind page ... I'm thinking to create/update local/app.conf with a backend script, as any manually update in app.conf need restart enterprise server to reload the app.conf , it seems not a good option.

With the default setup.xml, I don't have such probem before, app.conf will be updated automatically within app/local directory.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Best Regards,
Thomas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...