Deployment Architecture

How to specify the storage ratio?

Path Finder

Hi, splunkers:

Is there any way to special the storage ratio? Like 30% log store on indexer A and the other 70% store one indexer B?

0 Karma
1 Solution

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aojie654,
I think that you're speaking of two not clustered indexers.
You can analyze your data and divide indexes to have the needed percentages of storages; in other words put the indexes that summarize around the 30% of data on Indexer1 and the other indexes on Indexer2, this also means that you have to modify all the inputs.conf of your TAs.

If instead you're speaking of two clustered Indexers it isn't possible.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Communicator

One thing you can do is put the second indexer in your list of outputs twice, and the first indexer once (if you are using round robin DNS, put it in your DNS entry twice, otherwise, just put it in the outputs.conf twice).

ie, in your outputs.conf, put:

server = server1, server2, server2

0 Karma

Path Finder

As I said in reply to @gcusello

Thanks for your reply.

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aojie654,
I think that you're speaking of two not clustered indexers.
You can analyze your data and divide indexes to have the needed percentages of storages; in other words put the indexes that summarize around the 30% of data on Indexer1 and the other indexes on Indexer2, this also means that you have to modify all the inputs.conf of your TAs.

If instead you're speaking of two clustered Indexers it isn't possible.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Path Finder

In actually, the customer has a cluster with 2 peers...
I was forgot the data copy on cluster.....

Anyway, thanks for your help.

0 Karma
State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!