Deployment Architecture

How to manage multiple deployment clients on same host?

clyde772
Communicator

Hi gurus~!

I am trying to manage multiple deployment clients on sames host. For example, I have 10 instances of splunk instances which I want to manage their each instances using deployment server.

So the problem I have is that, the deployment server can not distinguish each instance to assign a different server class because everyone of those instances come from same host. I realize deployment server recognize mgmt port so those instances have same host but different mgmt port.

Is it possible to create serverclass that applies host id + mgmt port as a paired of info for deployment server to distinguish different instances with different config on same host?

Appreciate your time, Gurus~!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

_d_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your best solution in this case is to use clientName attribute in deploymentclient.conf of the managed instances. Then use whitelists/blacklists on serverclass.conf to assign class memberships based on that.

-----

clientName = deploymentClient
* Defaults to deploymentClient.
* A name that the deployment server can filter on.
* Takes precedence over DNS names.

-----

Hope this helps!

d.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...