Deployment Architecture

How to copy configuration details for the Database Connections from one Splunk Instance to the other

alenseb
Communicator

Hi Guys,

I am trying backup & restore splunk into a more powerful server.

I followed the document where in it says copy everything from the folder Splunk/etc/
After that i am able to start the server successfully, but my Database connection configurations in the old is not getting reflected in the new one.

How do i move the Database configs.
IS this possible?

Please Help
Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

brsh24
Engager

This happens on Linux machine due to permission issue even when logged on as root; and we need to provide full rights to the user on the Splunk/etc directory. Once done, it will allow itself to be copied.

Use Chmod 777 -R command to update the file/folder rights

View solution in original post

0 Karma

brsh24
Engager

This happens on Linux machine due to permission issue even when logged on as root; and we need to provide full rights to the user on the Splunk/etc directory. Once done, it will allow itself to be copied.

Use Chmod 777 -R command to update the file/folder rights

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...