Deployment Architecture

How to Install 2 version of DB Connect in the same instance?

psamuel69
Explorer

Hi Splunkers ,

As the Subject mentions , I want to run 2 version of Splunk DB connect on the same instance .
Existing : 3.5.0 >> want to move to 3.13.0 (latest)

I am not able to rename and keep both of them side by side , the UI doesn't load .

Is there a way this can be achieved ?

UseCase : To migrate the connections / identities from one to another in a phased process .
There was  failed DBconnect upgrade due to which i had to restore old DB connect and this is the way we have decided if it can be achieved .

In general any app should be able to do this , do let me know if you guys have a solution !

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

is it possible to install temporary another HF on same node with different ports (e.g. copy current directory to new one and change ports etc)? That will allow you to run both on same node. But you really need to ensure that you change all ports to a new one including internal hec and also it’s ending side too.

To be honest I suppose that installing clean version to another node and do a migration to it one by one could be easier choice!

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...