Deployment Architecture

How do I measure the amount of data in cold buckets?

donmeyer

I am using the following search ,and it seems to works with hot buckets but not when changed to cold. I need to have the output from cold buckets for a billing purpose. Been working on this forever it seems. If you could assist me, that would be great!

SEARCH:

| tstats summariesonly=true sum(everything.rawlen) as rawBytes from datamodel=storage_billing by splunk_server,index,everything.bucketId,host
| rename everything.* as * | eval rawMBytes=rawBytes/1024/1024 
| join splunk_server, bucketId [ dbinspect index=* | eval rawSizeMB=rawSize/1024/1024 | fields splunk_server, bucketId, path, state, startEpoch, endEpoch, modTime, sizeOnDiskMB,rawSizeMB ] 
| eval compression=sizeOnDiskMB/rawSizeMB, newRawMBytes = rawMBytes * compression 
| eventstats sum(rawMBytes), sum(newRawMBytes) by splunk_server, bucketId  
| eval margin_of_error=  round( ( sizeOnDiskMB - 'sum(newRawMBytes)' ) / sizeOnDiskMB,4) 
| stats sum(newRawMBytes) as MBytes_Used, count(bucketId) as Bucket_Count by splunk_server,index,state,host
| search state=cold | eval GBytes_Used=round(MBytes_Used/1024,2)
| rename host as "Volume Name" | dedup host
| rename MBytes_Used as Space
| eval "Copy Type"="Primary"
| eval F4="Copy"
| fields "Volume Name", Space, "Copy Type", F4 | outputcsv Logging_tsm
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...