Deployment Architecture

Forward data to indexer cluster

RanjithaN99
Explorer

Hi,

I am working in a distributed Splunk environment with one search head and an indexer cluster.

I am trying to monitor a path that is on the search head and I created a monitor input from the web GUI.

How do I create an index on the indexer cluster and configure forwarding from the search head to the indexer cluster.

Please help me.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RanjithaN99,

Indexer Cluster is managed by the Cluster Manager so you have to create the new indexes.conf in this server that deploys it to the indexers; for more infos see at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/Indexer/Aboutclusters

in few words, you have to create a stanza in indexes.conf with the new index using the CLI and push the configuration using GUI.

For data forwarding from te SH to the Indexers, you should already have this configuration because it's a best practice to send internal logs from all the Splunk servers to Indexers.

If not go in [Settings > Forwarding and Receiving > Forwarding] and configure Forwarding.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...