Deployment Architecture

Error while linking app to Splunk directory on Putty- How can this be solved?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

I am creating a React app for Splunk on a Putty terminal. I am following the following tutorial:
https://splunkui.splunk.com/Create/AppTutorial

However, I am unable to build the output directory needed to be symlinked into Splunk's application directory with the command: 
yarn run link:app

I have set the $SPLUNK_HOME environmental variable to /opt/splunk but everytime I run the yarn run link:app command, I keep getting the following error:

node: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can this be solved please? 

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Brett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok I have a better solution. If you want to use Splunk Create as the Splunk user, and avoid using the Splunk provided NodeJS v8 runtime, remove the Splunk bin from your terminal path first.

export PATH=$(echo $PATH | sed -s 's+/opt/splunk/bin:++')
node -v

This worked for me to develop as my Splunk user.

View solution in original post

Brett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok I have a better solution. If you want to use Splunk Create as the Splunk user, and avoid using the Splunk provided NodeJS v8 runtime, remove the Splunk bin from your terminal path first.

export PATH=$(echo $PATH | sed -s 's+/opt/splunk/bin:++')
node -v

This worked for me to develop as my Splunk user.

Brett
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am having the same issue and can point you in the right direction.

If you are logged in as the Splunk user, it seems you get that error whenever you try run node. You can confirm this by running "which node" and you will see it's Splunk's.

The workaround I'm using, is I develop my Splunk UI app as another OS user where node works. I also just created the symlink manually because my environment is a little different.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...