Deployment Architecture

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Client is not authorized to perform requested action

zakirh

Could any expert please help me why I am receiving this error message "Encountered the following error while trying to update: Client is not authorized to perform requested action" on updating my user profile information (like name , email and password)?

Moreover once I create any items like alerts, reports, dashboards, fields or lookup I do not get the "permission" hyperlink for my own created items. Is it for any sort of permission ? If so, how can I get this permission ?
Thanks in advance and much appreciate your response!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

You need to verify your user has the correct role associated with it. Here is a list of roles:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.0/Security/Rolesandcapabilities

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...