Deployment Architecture

Converting from Solaris to Linux, splunk start libc.so.1: cannot open shared object file

tschminke

My old Splunk server is Solaris 10 running splunk-6.5.0-59c8927def0f-SunOS-x86_64-manifest
My new Splunk server is CentOS7 running splunk-7.0.0-c8a78efdd40f-linux-2.6-x86_64-manifest

I copied the old /opt/splunk to /opt/splunk on the new CENTOS7 server and installed it using an RPM
rpm -ivh splunk-7.0.0-c8a78efdd40f-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm

Everything looked good and it does start up, but I see these errors during stop/start

Waiting for web server at https://127.0.0.1:8000 to be availablesed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
.sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
.. Done

I tried just making a link from libc.so.6 to libc.so.1 but then it just tells me it cannot load because it is looking for the SUNW version.

Suggestions?
... for converting from Solaris to Linux

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi tschminke,

Usually you just copy the following directories from the old server onto a fresh install to migrate :

• $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local
  • $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users
  • $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps Your mileage may vary if your are using some special apps and maybe you need to copy splunk.sercret as well.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...