Deployment Architecture

Cluster manager says an index is unsearchable and not replicated, but searches work

responsys_cm
Builder

We've just deployed a new Splunk 5 cluster. The cluster master claims that the netflow, _audit, and _internal indexes have problems. It says they aren't searchable and there aren't any replicated copies. But if I search on "index=netflow OR index=_internal OR index=_audit", I see all the events I would expect to see.

I'm totally new to a clustered config. What's going on here?

Thx.

Craig

Tags (2)
0 Karma

clement
Explorer

Hi Mustafa,
In my splunk v5.0.4 cluster, I have four slave-indexers, I configured 3 replication factor and 2 search factor, but I am also facing this issue.

Thanks,
Clement

0 Karma

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Craig,

Do you have enough number of peers to meet your replication and searchable policies? One reason it could say that it isn't searchable is some of the policies may not be met with current number of peers. We are in the process of refining the error messages to clearly distinguish between when the data is searchable (but with reduced number of copies) vs not completely searchable at all.

Hope it helps
Mustafa

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...