Deployment Architecture

Cleaning up unused and empty indexes in a cluster

brent_weaver
Builder

Hey there... I am wanting to remove indexes that I created for testing purposed while installing splunk. It seems like a surgical task from what I am reading. Is there no functional way to do this without compromising the system?

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

brent_weaver
Builder

Hey thanks for the response. My splunk cluster is not fully live yet and I want to reconfigure where all the index go because it is a mess right now... Is it possible to basically start over in term of how we lay out our indexes? I would need to do this for all indexes including the internal ones.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...