Deployment Architecture

Can we enable shared KV store with Search Head Pooling (not clustering)?

philip_wong
Communicator

We're not ready to apply Search Head Clustering yet, but we're on Search Head Pooling now. Can we apply KV store quickly without waiting for SHC?

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

KV Store can be utilized on SHP - HOWEVER - replication does NOT happen, as the Search heads are unaware of each other. In fact, KVStore is a 6.2 feature, and 6.2 deprecates SHP. So IMHO, I would suggest to start fresh with a SHC and then use KVStore. It will make your life way easier.

philip_wong
Communicator

The description from server.conf seems telling me it's possible on SHP.
I'm not sure what should be here. FQDN? Or should match with general/serverName in server.conf

replication_host = <host>
    * In search head pooling, this host value is a requirement for using KV Store. 
    * This is the address on which a kvstore will be available for accepting
      remotely.
0 Karma

dmr195
Communicator

Check out dgladkikh's answer here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/231043/how-to-configure-and-distribute-kvstore-in-a-splun.html#ans...

The replication_host needs to be set to a name that can be resolved by your DNS from the other members of the replica set.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...