Deployment Architecture

Can we check how many Splunk instances are connected to the Splunk 5.0.4 license master?

d_vijaya
Explorer

We have Splunk 5.0.4 in our current environment.

We have Windows, Linux, and network appliance logs to be monitored and captured by our Splunk system.

I wanted to know inventory of instances which are connected to Splunk license master.

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi d_vijaya, You can look at the internal log for the license master to get an idea of how many systems are utilizing the license. This search should do it:

index=_internal host=YOUR_LICENSE_MASTER component=LicenseUsage | stats sum(b) by h

This will give you a table of all the bytes used by host.

Please let me know if this answers your question! 😄

0 Karma

d_vijaya
Explorer

Hi Munebel,

Thanks for the response.
I used this search in my console, I can see only one host which is my license master and its usage.

I wanted to get complete list of host getting monitored in splunk along with its license usage.

Will it be possible?

Thanks
Vijaya D

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...