Deployment Architecture

Can I still search head cluster, indexer cluster on top of single host?

danielwan
Explorer

I have a search head cluster connected to indexer cluster. I would like to set up a single host where I can install search head cluster(1 peer) and indexer cluster(1 peer and 1 master) on, which is only used for testing my Chef cookbook which deploys the Splunk search head cluster and indexer cluster.

Is there any way to make it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

You would have to run multiple Splunk processes which would need you to run each process on different ports.
Whilst I overlook the fact that this would not be a supported deployment, you would also have to make a number of changes to your config to make this work (even if it is possible) - which probably would not be a representative test for your deployment process.

Can you not install virtualbox or use VMs for the exercise?

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

You would have to run multiple Splunk processes which would need you to run each process on different ports.
Whilst I overlook the fact that this would not be a supported deployment, you would also have to make a number of changes to your config to make this work (even if it is possible) - which probably would not be a representative test for your deployment process.

Can you not install virtualbox or use VMs for the exercise?

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...