Deployment Architecture

Can I add UBA servers as deployment server clients?

ilhwan
Path Finder

Splunk PS installed UBA a while back, and I just noticed that we are not getting OS logs from those servers into Splunk Enterprise.  Since we have a 10 node cluster, I was trying to find a quicker way to manage them.  Is there a reason I shouldn't connect the Splunk Enterprise running on all of those nodes to the deployment server?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

_JP
Contributor

UBA isn't a Splunk Enterprise instance, but it does include a Splunk Universal Forwarder (UF) as part of its install (see Directories created or modified on the disk section of docs). 

So, you should have a UF living at /opt/splunk for your UBA instance, and that's what you'll want to make sure is hooked up to the rest of your Splunk deployment.  Also note the Splunk platform port requirements section on that page for more info about that UF instance running alongside the UBA install.

0 Karma

ilhwan
Path Finder

I see.  I was thinking it wasn't UF because every other instance of UF I've seen used /opt/splunkforwarder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...