Deployment Architecture

AppInspect hangs with no report produced

altink
Builder

Hello

AppInspect hangs with no report produced

first I logon successfully with my Splunk account, then I upload the app.tgz file.

Next, the first one is a "Taking longer then expected ...", and the second is just (again) the Inspect button and a Cancel Inspection one.

Splunk Enterprise

Version:7.1.0
Build:2e75b3406c5b

This goes on for App Inspect 1.0.4 and 1.0.6.

please advise.
best regards
Altin

PS is there an online version of App Inspect?app_inspect_error.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

altink
Builder

... and 1.0.2

0 Karma

thellmann
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @altink - I think the app you're using here is Hurricane Labs' AppInspect App for Splunk. This app is built by Hurricane Labs, not Splunk, and is also not supported by that developer per the Splunkbase listing. 

However, that app leverages the Splunk AppInspect API under the hood. Can you please send your app to the AppInspect API directly so we can make sure the issue is coming from the API itself? 

0 Karma

altink
Builder

I knew that is a third party app but I thought they could be answering here too.
best
Altin

0 Karma

altink
Builder

Thank You

but it still requires a third party - curl.
"you need to use a tool such as curl"

I did opened this question because I could not even check the splunkbase "AppInspect Status" at "app manage" for my app. that is fixed now, and I hope its stays so.

best regards

Tags (1)
0 Karma

altink
Builder

same thing with 1.0.3

0 Karma

altink
Builder

Once at Answers someone used to reply. At the Community ....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...