Dashboards & Visualizations

xml log line breaking

KarunK
Contributor

Hi All,

I have an xml as below, which is not which not correctly formatted ( whole xml is on one line). I am trying to configure a props.conf file to extract the following xml in the following format.

<listing
<record
</record>
<record
</record>
<record
</record>
</listing>

The props setting looks like below. But i am not able break them to a tree structure as shown above.

Could anyone please help ?

The following props.conf is working well when the xml is put to a xml formatter to format them to a proper xml structure. But otherwise not.

[testing]
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE = <record
KV_MODE = xml
MUST_BREAK_AFTER = </record>
NO_BINARY_CHECK = 1
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = true
TRUNCATE = 1000000

<?xml version="1.0" ?><listing action="Services" count="71"><message message="Listing is displayed" status="success"/>  <record AuthDSId="null" AuthFormPostUrl="null" AuthFormType="null" BackupAcquirer="null" TraceExpires="null" UnicastDataQos="-1" WeakCertification="false" genId_="82497">      <list name="DirectClusterAssignments" size="0" type="ClusterConfig"/>       <list name="PChannelToClusterAssignments" size="0" type="ClusterConfig"/>       <list name="PChannelToDeviceGroupAssignments" size="0" type="DeviceGroup"/>     <list name="DeviceGroups" size="1" type="DeviceGroup">          <entry id="DeviceGroup_388"/>       </list>     <list name="Playlists" size="0" type="Playlist"/><list name="LibraryNodes" size="0" type="LnConfig"/><list name="CachingNodes" size="0" type="CnConfig"/>   </record>      <record AuthDSId="null" AuthFormPostUrl="null" Fqdn="bpm.test.com" WeakCertification="false" genId_="82899">     <list name="DsvcLocations" size="0" type="DsvcLocation"/>       <list name="ChannelMCasts" size="0" type="ChannelMCast"/>   </record>           <record AuthDSId="null" AuthFormPostUrl="null" Fqdn="mobile.test.com" WeakCertification="True" genId_="82497">      <list name="DsvcLocations" size="0" type="DsvcLocation"/>       <list name="ChannelMCasts" size="0" type="ChannelMCast"/>   </record></listing>
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

KarunK
Contributor

Hi All,

I have finally figured it out used the following props. I was using the props to be used along with "REST API Modular Input" App. There was a bug in the App - line breaker was ignored, which "Damien" has fixed and provided an updated beta 06 version. (now available in splunkbase)

Thanks

Regards

KK

DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
KV_MODE = xml
LINE_BREAKER = >(\s+)<record
NO_BINARY_CHECK = 1
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = true
TRUNCATE = 1000000

View solution in original post

0 Karma

KarunK
Contributor

Hi All,

I have finally figured it out used the following props. I was using the props to be used along with "REST API Modular Input" App. There was a bug in the App - line breaker was ignored, which "Damien" has fixed and provided an updated beta 06 version. (now available in splunkbase)

Thanks

Regards

KK

DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
KV_MODE = xml
LINE_BREAKER = >(\s+)<record
NO_BINARY_CHECK = 1
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = true
TRUNCATE = 1000000
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...