Dashboards & Visualizations

tokenlinks.js in Splunk 8.24 broken- working dashboard samples app but not my own app

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I used to use the tokenlinks.js from the simple xml dashboard examples. Copied the file into appserver/static of my own app, add the script="tokenlinks.js" and all works.

For some reason that no longer works. I have downloaded the dashboard examples app, copied the dashboard XML shown in the docs for the Custom Token Links example. Copied the JS shown in the gui into the appserver/static/tokenlinks.js into my own app, but the JS does not seem to get called and the dashboard does not do what it does in the Example Dashboard app.

So, I have a working dashboard examples app, but not my own app.

I see that the tokenlinks.js in appserver/static for the dashboard examples is now >400K and is very different to the original. It seems to be some webpack related stuff.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...