Dashboards & Visualizations

is it possible to set a fix configuration for the canvas size?

spv_ddo_i40
Engager

Hello,
for a dashboard the user want every time when he opens the dashboard that the canvas size is fit to his screen.

How can i define this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

datadevops
Path Finder

Hi there,

While there's no direct option for this,
here are effective approaches:

1. Leverage CSS Media Queries:

• Within your dashboard's CSS file, add media queries that adjust panel sizes and layouts based on different screen widths. Use @media rules to target specific screen sizes or ranges.
  • This approach offers fine-grained control over responsiveness, but requires CSS expertise.

Example CSS:

CSS
@media (max-width: 768px) {
  /* Adjust panel widths, heights, and margins for smaller screens */
}

@media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1024px) {
  /* Adjustments for medium-sized screens */
}

/* Similar rules for larger screens */
Use code with caution. Learn more
content_copy

2. Employ Splunk Dashboard Elements:

• Utilize elements like "Fit to Width" or "Fit to Height" panels to automatically resize content within specific panels.
  • While not as comprehensive as CSS media queries, this method is easier to implement without coding.

3. Combine Both Approaches:

• For maximum flexibility, use CSS media queries for overall dashboard layout and Splunk elements for fine-tuning individual panels.

Additional Tips:

• Set initial dashboard size that works well on most screens.
  • Test your dashboard with different screen sizes and resolutions.
  • Use Splunk's built-in responsive features like panel stacking and collapsible headers.
  • Consider using a flexible CSS framework like Bootstrap or Tailwind CSS to streamline design and responsiveness.

By implementing these strategies, you can create a user-friendly Splunk dashboard that adapts to various screen sizes, enhancing the user experience.

~ If the reply helps, a Karma upvote would be appreciated

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...