Dashboards & Visualizations

is it possible to remove line from a line chart and keep only the data labels

anooshac
Communicator

hi all,
is there any way to remove the line from the line chart and keep only the data labels without using css?
I just want to highlight the points in my chart. Using scatter chart i was not able to come to the result. can anyone have idea on this?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@anooshac why not CSS? Also what if Data Labels overlap? Can you whiteboard what kind of viz you are anticipating?

anooshac
Communicator

hi @niketnilay , i want a chart of time versus value. In the chart if i can only represent dots or points it will be good. The data labels won't overlap because i gave a time range selection as a input. I just thought xml is easier to do than css.
Do you have any idea as how to do this?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

If data does not have overlap, keep null values as null and keep the chart disconnected. You should see dots and not line.
But even if chart line is connected you can use CSS Override to hide the line drawn for series.

haph
Path Finder

I searched for that function a while ago but didn't find anything in just xml. I don't think this is possible with standard splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...