Dashboards & Visualizations

inherit view XML

caphrim007
Path Finder

Is there a way to inherit a view's XML and append to it. For example, I want to include the flashtimeline view but also add a ServerSideInclude module to it with my own .html file.

And I'd like to do that instead of having to copy the existing flashtimeline view into my own app because the flashtimeline view XML can change with different splunk versions; I'd like to use the one that is installed on a given splunk server with my own extra bits of goodness added.

Tags (1)

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is not a way to inherit a view's XML. It seems like a good idea, but it would be tricky to maintain.

Perhaps a better way to do it would be to use application.js to modify the flashtimeline behavior in your app.

caphrim007
Path Finder

I guess it's not beyond the realm of imagination to embed my html in the application.js file, but before I do that, could there be any better ways to go about having the flashtimeline + extra html content without just copying the view xml straight out of the search app?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...