Dashboards & Visualizations

increase dropdown limit values : 1000 values / 25 000 values

anissabnk
Path Finder

Hello, 

I have a problem with the dropdown menu limit which displays a maximum of 1000 values. I need to display a list of 22000 values ​​and I don't know how to do it.

Thank you so much 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dashboard studio has a 1000 item limit because going over those numbers is really hard for the browser. Classic dashboards don't have the limit, but if you create one with 10,000 items it takes many seconds to show the list, so 25000 would be rather useless.

It's a browser issue more than a Splunk issue. You can't change any limits.conf and your parameter is not even an option.

So, as @ITWhisperer says, it's better to structure your dashboard so you have some initial filter, e.g. another dropdown or a text input that is used as a filter to limit the size of the dropdown.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Really? You expect your users to search through 25000 choices from your dropdown? You might be better off (or at least your users might be), using another dropdown the provide a filter for the 25000 list, e.g. values beginning with A, values beginning with B, etc.?

anissabnk
Path Finder

I'm not sure that I'm understand correctly.

Can you explain me more please that what's you have in mind ? 

Thank you so much

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It does depend on what values you have in your 25k dropdown list, but if we assume that the list is generated dynamically with some sort of search, your search could include a filter which is based on a token from a much smaller dropdown so that you can limit your results to under 1000.

0 Karma

anissabnk
Path Finder

Ok, I understand but you don't know if an other way exists ? 

For example , modify the limits.conf in this way : 

anissabnk_0-1719842901692.png

or try to work with transforms.conf

anissabnk_1-1719842994538.png

What do you think ? 

Thank you so much 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Let’s Talk Terraform

If you’re beyond the first-weeks-of-a-startup stage, chances are your application’s architecture is pretty ...

Cloud Platform | Customer Change Announcement: Email Notification is Available For ...

The Notification Team is migrating our email service provider. As the rollout progresses, Splunk has enabled ...

Save the Date: GovSummit Returns Wednesday, December 11th!

Hey there, Splunk Community! Exciting news: Splunk’s GovSummit 2024 is returning to Washington, D.C. on ...