Dashboards & Visualizations

how to get a scatter plot for number of events per date

vpurushottam
Explorer

I have exactly 2 fields. One is date and another is number of particular events that took place that day. I want a scatter plot with X-axis as date and Y-axis as number of events. But when ever i do scatter plot with date in yyyy-mm-dd format it places all the dots on a single vertical line at yyyy. And if i do the same with dd-mm-yyyy it places all the points for the particular date for any month on the same vertical line dd (example: it puts 3 dots on the same vertical line for 01-01-2019, 01-02-2019, and 01-03-2019 at 01, that is the date). But if i convert this time to epoch time i get what i need. Is there a way i can get a proper scatter plot with count and human readable date ?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...