Dashboards & Visualizations

colorpallette expression not matching field value

thaghost99
Path Finder

hi, need some help, i have this format type but it seems the word 'up' is not matching for whatever reason.

there is no spaces or anything in the field value. 

the field value is extracted using 'rex'.

i have this working in other fields, but this one got me stuck. 

any help will be appreciated. 

<format type="color" field="state">
<colorPalette type="expression">if (value == "up","#Green", "#Yellow")</colorPalette>
</format>

thaghost99_0-1709222707938.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't believe you can use colour names, such as Green and Yellow, you have to use hex codes or RGB, see here

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Viz/TableFormatsXML#Color_palette_types_and...

in your case it's interesting that you have yellow, as I would expect black if it does not understand colour names.

Have you tried

<colorPalette type="expression">if(value == "up","#00FF00", "#FFFF00")</colorPalette>

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't believe you can use colour names, such as Green and Yellow, you have to use hex codes or RGB, see here

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/Viz/TableFormatsXML#Color_palette_types_and...

in your case it's interesting that you have yellow, as I would expect black if it does not understand colour names.

Have you tried

<colorPalette type="expression">if(value == "up","#00FF00", "#FFFF00")</colorPalette>

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What's the actual regex you are using to capture it?
And if you are sure you are using the right syntax because you copy pasted it from some working one - you could try to add | eval state = "up" as the last command in the search to force it to be "up" and see if that works.  If it doesn't, then I'd say there's something else wrong with that syntax.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...