Dashboards & Visualizations

XML Syntax Question

hartfoml
Motivator

I have this code that works

<module name="GenericHeader" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" autoRun="True">
<param name="label"></param>
<module name="HiddenSavedSearch" layout_panel="panel_row1_col1" group="TARDIS Google Map" autoRun="True" >
<param name="savedSearch">Google Map</param>

But this does not

<module name="HiddenSavedSearch" layout_panel="panel_row1_col1" group="TARDIS Google Map" autoRun="True" >
<param name="savedSearch">TARDIS Google Map</param>
<param name="label">Google Map</param>

Why do I need to use the GenericHeader Module to make this code work?
I don't what another line in the box.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hartfoml
Motivator

There was a typeo

Can you see it layout_panel= should be layoutPanel=

Thanks for the help everyone

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

There was a typeo

Can you see it layout_panel= should be layoutPanel=

Thanks for the help everyone

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

module name="HiddenSavedSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="name" autoRun="True">
None
Saved Search
Name

results

Try using this, this is tested and working. You don't need module name="GenericHeader" to make the Hiddensavedsearch work.

0 Karma

aholzer
Motivator

What is the error you are getting? Just a blank dashboard?

Are you nesting a display module to handle the results from your hiddenSavedSearch module and display it?

Double check the name of the saveSearch you are calling versus the name of the search you are typing.

If none of this helps you may want to post your full dashboard for closer inspection.

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

thanks for the response.

I'm lost with this too.

I tried with and without the <param name="label">.

I've tried with and without <param name="groupLabel">.
I cant seem to get the <modul name="HiddenSavedSearch" working without the <modul name="GenericHeader"

Can't seem to find out why

0 Karma

aholzer
Motivator

Not sure if a typo, but you have the name of the savedSearch from your "working" code in the label of your non-working code.

Also, I don't believe that a hiddenSavedSearch has a parameter called "label". That's probably where your problem lies. (going off of sideview modules, so I may be wrong on that statement)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...