Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is there overlap/duplication of map layers in Splunk map visualizations and countries are showing more than once?

HattrickNZ
Motivator

There seems to be duplication/repetition in view of world.
For instance, half of Australia's east cost is shown on the left, and the whole of Australia is shown in the center, and similarly for other countries.

alt text

I just want to see 1 country and just want to see it once, not repeated.

How do I do this in splunk?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You have zoomed out to the maximum on your map. The following settings zoom to 1 view of the whole world centered to show it well:

<option name="mapping.map.center">(30.810646,-10.556976)</option>
    <option name="mapping.map.zoom">2</option>

Change these values to your liking on your dashboard panel and your map should look good.

0 Karma

HattrickNZ
Motivator

tks. soom 3 looks good but what ever i do with the lat and long lets say 10 and -11 I am missing parts of the world to the north and south. any ideas?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You are going to have to pick your poison, EITHER:

• You are going to have duplicate the sides in order to have all of the top and bottom
  • You are going to have to clip the top and bottom in order to have the sides unduplicated.
0 Karma

HattrickNZ
Motivator

tks, would be good if you clip the sides and be able to see the top and bottom. oh well. tks

0 Karma

HattrickNZ
Motivator

nope I can still see australia twice in that view.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Then play with different values for the 2 in the zoom option.

0 Karma

HattrickNZ
Motivator

here is useful to help with some of the map options

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...