Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is query not plotting multi-series line chart?

Jeet
Explorer
| regex "message.message"="Total count XXXXXX: |Total rows YYYYYY: " | rex field="message.message" max_match=0 "^(?<msg1>[^:]*)\:(?<msg2>[^:]*)\:(?<msg3>[^:]*)\:(?<msg4>[^:]*)($|\{)" | eval dtonly=strftime(_time, "%Y%m%d") | chart first(msg4) OVER dtonly BY msg3

I get the stats but not the visualization.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like you might have a space between the : and the numbers. The values are left aligned, indicating a string rather than a numeric. Try accounting for the space (if it is there) and only extract digits for msg4.

| rex field="message.message" max_match=0 "^(?<msg1>[^:]*)\:(?<msg2>[^:]*)\:(?<msg3>[^:]*)\:\s*(?<msg4>\d*)"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Jeet
Explorer

Is that what you are looking for? Sorry! I am new to Splunk.

0 Karma

Jeet
Explorer

It's a glue job log output, something like this. one run per day.

INFO:__main__:Total rows: 893

INFO:__main__:Total count in segments schema: 18504

0 Karma

BlueSocket
Communicator

@Jeet, you might want to check the maximum number of values that are supported by the visualization that you have selected to output. I have had this happen to me - I can see the (>50,000) values, but the visualization only supports 50,000 rows. That >18,000 might be too high.

0 Karma

Jeet
Explorer

Data to be plotted won't be more than 50 rows. Enclosing stat output for 2 rows which is not getting plotted.

Jeet_0-1662046094574.png

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like you might have a space between the : and the numbers. The values are left aligned, indicating a string rather than a numeric. Try accounting for the space (if it is there) and only extract digits for msg4.

| rex field="message.message" max_match=0 "^(?<msg1>[^:]*)\:(?<msg2>[^:]*)\:(?<msg3>[^:]*)\:\s*(?<msg4>\d*)"
0 Karma

Jeet
Explorer

That did the trick. Thank you!!

0 Karma

BlueSocket
Communicator

So.... What do you see when you switch to the visualization and which visualization are you trying to use?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you share some events in a code block </> so we can better see what you are dealing with?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...