Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is Dashboard dropdown filter search query and associated event panel query blocking some results?

SCB588
Engager

I have an event panel with 5 dropdown boxes as shown to be able to filter the base results based of 5 categories

SCB588_0-1693190403055.png

• by app name - there are two Apps BPE and BPO
  • by sts eg 400's or 500's response codes etc
  • by  mtd eg API method POST PATCH GET etc
  • by booking ref
  • by cal eg Calling API

This is the event search I created to return the base results 

app=BP* sts=* | table at,req.bookingReference,app,mtd,cid,sts,dur,rsc,cal,req.offerOptionCode | rename req.bookingReference as bookingReference, req.offerOptionCode as offerOptionCode| search app=* AND mtd=* AND sts=* AND bookingReference=* AND cal=* | sort by at asc

When i remove the "search app=* AND mtd=* AND sts=* AND bookingReference=* AND cal=*" from the query, I then seem to get all the expected results which include POST PATCH and GET items, but with it included, I only get POST method results and not the GET and PATCH items.

i suspect the AND statements are the culprit...I tried OR but then the filters don't work and won't filter the base results.

Appreciate any guidance

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

You must have field values in all these fields app, sts, bookingReference and cal for the events with field mtd contains PATCH/GET values

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Try putting * in quotes.

app=BP* sts=* | table at,req.bookingReference,app,mtd,cid,sts,dur,rsc,cal,req.offerOptionCode | rename req.bookingReference as bookingReference, req.offerOptionCode as offerOptionCode| search app="*" mtd="*" sts="*" bookingReference="*" cal="*" | sort by at asc
0 Karma

SCB588
Engager

Hello and thanks @manjunathmeti but still not working. I enclosed the * in quotes and removed the AND 

app=BP* | table at,req.bookingReference,app,mtd,cid,sts,dur,rsc,cal,req.offerOptionCode|rename req.bookingReference as bookingReference, req.offerOptionCode as offerOptionCode | search app="*" mtd="*" sts="*" bookingReference="*" cal="*"| sort by at asc

Results still don't return API method PATCH and GET unless i remove the search statement

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

You must have field values in all these fields app, sts, bookingReference and cal for the events with field mtd contains PATCH/GET values

0 Karma

SCB588
Engager

Oh ok I did not realise that @manjunathmeti 

I was trying to present certain values in a columnised Table,  but some of those values won't be populated for all API methods...which means then I may have to have separate panels in the dashboard for the particular API Method, I guess ☹️

Thanks for your guidance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...