Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is Dashboard dropdown filter search query and associated event panel query blocking some results?

SCB588
Engager

I have an event panel with 5 dropdown boxes as shown to be able to filter the base results based of 5 categories

SCB588_0-1693190403055.png

• by app name - there are two Apps BPE and BPO
  • by sts eg 400's or 500's response codes etc
  • by  mtd eg API method POST PATCH GET etc
  • by booking ref
  • by cal eg Calling API

This is the event search I created to return the base results 

app=BP* sts=* | table at,req.bookingReference,app,mtd,cid,sts,dur,rsc,cal,req.offerOptionCode | rename req.bookingReference as bookingReference, req.offerOptionCode as offerOptionCode| search app=* AND mtd=* AND sts=* AND bookingReference=* AND cal=* | sort by at asc

When i remove the "search app=* AND mtd=* AND sts=* AND bookingReference=* AND cal=*" from the query, I then seem to get all the expected results which include POST PATCH and GET items, but with it included, I only get POST method results and not the GET and PATCH items.

i suspect the AND statements are the culprit...I tried OR but then the filters don't work and won't filter the base results.

Appreciate any guidance

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

You must have field values in all these fields app, sts, bookingReference and cal for the events with field mtd contains PATCH/GET values

View solution in original post

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Try putting * in quotes.

app=BP* sts=* | table at,req.bookingReference,app,mtd,cid,sts,dur,rsc,cal,req.offerOptionCode | rename req.bookingReference as bookingReference, req.offerOptionCode as offerOptionCode| search app="*" mtd="*" sts="*" bookingReference="*" cal="*" | sort by at asc
0 Karma

SCB588
Engager

Hello and thanks @manjunathmeti but still not working. I enclosed the * in quotes and removed the AND 

app=BP* | table at,req.bookingReference,app,mtd,cid,sts,dur,rsc,cal,req.offerOptionCode|rename req.bookingReference as bookingReference, req.offerOptionCode as offerOptionCode | search app="*" mtd="*" sts="*" bookingReference="*" cal="*"| sort by at asc

Results still don't return API method PATCH and GET unless i remove the search statement

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

You must have field values in all these fields app, sts, bookingReference and cal for the events with field mtd contains PATCH/GET values

0 Karma

SCB588
Engager

Oh ok I did not realise that @manjunathmeti 

I was trying to present certain values in a columnised Table,  but some of those values won't be populated for all API methods...which means then I may have to have separate panels in the dashboard for the particular API Method, I guess ☹️

Thanks for your guidance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...