Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is Dashboard Studio Background Missing when moving dashboard/App to another Splunk Instance?

P47R14RCH
Observer

Running Splunk 8.2 I have discovered that after completing a dashboard within Dashboard Studio, bundling it up to move from Splunk instance to another, the background (png/jpeg) that was attached to the original dashboard is missing. 

In the source code it does reference a KV store hash. The KV store has been "upgraded/updated" from the original environment that the dashboard was designed on to the current Splunk environment that the background seems to be missing.

Possible solution would be to save the png within the app, however, I can't upload or reference that image in the app via the GUI given the Splunk host-separated environment (Search Head, Master, etc all are different virtual hosts and are not hosts I can simply click "browse" for within dashboard studio as that references the local box which isn't part of the Splunk environment).  And there doesn't seem to be good logic on how to change the source code to identify the png within the App. 

I've seen other Splunk questions and the response right now is it's a possible "bug." Is there anyone trying to do something similar that has an effective work around? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...