Dashboards & Visualizations

Why does choropleth map does not render in Dashboard Studio but it does in Classic Dashboards?

cyriac
Engager

I need to plot a world map and color the countries based on the count and display it on the Studio dashboard. This is my query.

...<ommitted> AS iso2
| search iso2=*
| stats count by iso2
| lookup geo_attr_countries iso2 OUTPUT country
| fields+ count, country
| geom geo_countries featureIdField="country"

This works fine on the search page. When Visualization=Choropleth Map is chosen it is plotted correctly.  I then add it on a Classic Dashboard type dashboard, which works fine.

But when I add the same query to a Dashboard Studio dashboard, it doesn't work. I get this error.

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'warn')

How to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cyriac
Engager

Know your data columns
When you create a search to generate a choropleth map, the search will have a column of fields, usually states, countries, or regions. This column is usually equivalent to the setting primary[0], the first column of results. There should be at least one more column that relates a numeric value to each field in the first column (color for NULL values can also be configured). This is often, but not always, the second column in the search results, equivalent to the setting primary[1]. If the number values you want to use are in a different column, use the equivalent setting primary[n-1] where n equals the number of the column.

Documentation - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/DashStudio/mapsChor

As per this, I modified my query to the one below and it worked

| fields+ country, count

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cyriac
Engager

Know your data columns
When you create a search to generate a choropleth map, the search will have a column of fields, usually states, countries, or regions. This column is usually equivalent to the setting primary[0], the first column of results. There should be at least one more column that relates a numeric value to each field in the first column (color for NULL values can also be configured). This is often, but not always, the second column in the search results, equivalent to the setting primary[1]. If the number values you want to use are in a different column, use the equivalent setting primary[n-1] where n equals the number of the column.

Documentation - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/DashStudio/mapsChor

As per this, I modified my query to the one below and it worked

| fields+ country, count

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...