Dashboards & Visualizations

Why do I get the previously inserted value when using JavaScript to read an input value?

andrewtrobec
Builder

Hello,

I have a dashboard with a text input that has id "text_input".  With JavaScript I am listening to changes to that input, and when that happens I just want to read the new value into a variable.  Instead of reading the newly inserted value, though, it reads the previous value.  The following code gives an idea of what I am doing:

var def_tok = mvc.Components.get("default");
var sub_tok = mvc.Components.get("submitted");

$("#text_input").on('change', function () { 

console.log("Change Detected");

var sub_tok_input = sub_tok.get("text_input");
	var sub_tok_input_form = sub_tok.get("form.text_input");
	var def_tok_input = def_tok.get("text_input");
	var def_tok_input_form = def_tok.get("form.text_input");

console.log("sub_tok_input: " + sub_tok_input);
	console.log("sub_tok_input_form: " + sub_tok_input_form);
	console.log("def_tok_input: " + def_tok_input);
	console.log("def_tok_input_form: " + def_tok_input_form);

});

When I fill in the first value from blank the first print reads blank instead of the value.  Then when I update the value it reads the first value, and so on...

What I am doing wrong and how can I ensure that I get the newly inserted value instead of the previously inserted one?

Thanks!

Andrew
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing Data to Different Splunk Indexes in the OpenTelemetry Collector

This blog post is part of an ongoing series on OpenTelemetry. The OpenTelemetry project is the second largest ...

Getting Started with AIOps: Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in ...

Getting Started with AIOps:Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in Splunk IT Service ...

Register to Attend BSides SPL 2022 - It's all Happening October 18!

Join like-minded individuals for technical sessions on everything Splunk!  This is a community-led and run ...