Dashboards & Visualizations

Why can't I see colors in dashboard PDF?

revanthammineni
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I’m doing a trend analysis and showcasing colors for one of the panels in my dashboard which is required by my management. But for some reason, colors not reflecting when I try to take a pdf out of it.  
As a part of my job duties, I have to send over dashboard pdfs to team members. Please kindly advice in how I can fix this. 
P.S: Attaching an image of the dashboard panel

so the field trend showing up but not the colors when I take pdf.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The built-in PDF action is trash.  That is why there are so many others on splunkbase:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps?keyword=pdf

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The built-in PDF action is trash.  That is why there are so many others on splunkbase:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps?keyword=pdf

revanthammineni
Path Finder

I didn’t know that we can use third party apps for pdfs. Thanks for sharing this info. 
Yes, Splunk’s pdf generator is horrible. 

Any app that you recommend out of those from the link you provided.
TIA.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@revanthammineni - If @woodcock 's reply answered the question then kindly mark it as "Accept as Solution" so other people in the future can get benefit from it.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It changes all the time and bad apps get better so let us know what you find/decide.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...