Dashboards & Visualizations

Why are we encountering an issue while fetching response time?

sagar1992
Explorer

HI Team,

I am using below query, but i want diff column in seconds format, but not sure, it is showing 00:00:19.000000.

I just have to minus response-request. have converted to epoch also.

2019-03-15T05:57:02 - 2019-03-15T05:56:43 == result should be in sec

query is below

index="test_mulesoft" source=RoyalCaninOMSDev "*ProcessOrder*" | rex field=_raw "corelationid.*:\W+(?.*)\"" |  eval DateTime=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eventstats earliest(DateTime) as request, latest(DateTime) as response by Request_Id  | eval it = strptime(request, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval ot = strptime(response, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval diff = tostring((ot - it), "duration") | table Request_Id,request,response,it,ot,diff

alt text

ext]1

Thanks
Sagar

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Hi @sagar1992

This should subtract the two epoch values and round to the second.

...| eval it = strptime(request, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval ot = strptime(response, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval diff_sec =round(ot - it,0)
If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Hi @sagar1992

This should subtract the two epoch values and round to the second.

...| eval it = strptime(request, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval ot = strptime(response, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval diff_sec =round(ot - it,0)
0 Karma

sagar1992
Explorer

Awesome, This Worked!!

Thanks @nickhillscpl

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Glad to have helped. Please upvote to help others in the future!
All the best.

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @sagar1992

index="test_mulesoft" source=RoyalCaninOMSDev "ProcessOrder" | rex field=_raw "corelationid.:\W+(?.)\"" | eval DateTime=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eventstats earliest(DateTime) as request, latest(DateTime) as response by Request_Id | eval it = strptime(request, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval ot = strptime(response, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | eval diff = ot - it
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

sagar1992
Explorer

it is doing subtraction of epoch, i need that output to be in seconds.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...