Dashboards & Visualizations

Why am I unable to add scheduled report to the dropdown input on my dashboard?

Builder

I have a scheduled report that returns a list of distinct values. When I select the report option from within a dropdown input panel on my dashboard, then look for that report, it is not in the list. There is text "This does not contain all reports. Add a report that is not listed from Reports."

Thats it, I go to reports, and see it has run, is scheduled, etc. I can not select it though.

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To add a report not listed in the dropdown click the link marked "Reports" in the message "This does not contain all reports. Add a report that is not listed from Reports." to open the reports tab. Search/Find the desired report there, click on it and use the "Add to Dashboard" option and select the existing dashboard you want to add it to.

0 Karma

Esteemed Legend

What search string are you using to populate the list of recently run searches?

0 Karma

Builder

I initially had them hard coded, and now am using a search inline when the dashboard is invoked. It is a simple top 0|table X |sort by X to populate a dropdown with a list of dependent systems.

0 Karma

Esteemed Legend

Just show us the search. I assume you are calling a REST endpoint with |rest to pull in recently run searches and that the dropdown uses this search to populate names. Is this what you are doing?

0 Karma
Don’t Miss Global Splunk
User Groups Week!

Free LIVE events worldwide 2/8-2/12
Connect, learn, and collect rad prizes and swag!