Dashboards & Visualizations
Highlighted

Why am I not receiving the scheduled pdf delivery of my dashboard with my alert_actions.conf settings in Splunk 6.0.5?

Path Finder

Hi,

Can someone please point out what am I missing below? I am not receiving the scheduled pdf dashboard delivery in my inbox. No errors reported in python.log, scheduler.log and splunkd.log. I am using Splunk 6.0.5.

Note: I am able to receive the scheduled saved search results in csv format in my inbox. So my mailserver is working fine.

Below is the snapshot of alertactions.conf
[default]
hostname =
ttl = 86400
command = sendemail "to=$action.email.to$" "server=$action.email.mailserver{default=localhost}$" "from=$action.email.from{default=splunk@localhost}$" "subject=$action.email.subject{recurse=yes}$" "format=$action.email.format{default=csv}$""sssummary=Saved Search [$name$]: $counttype$($results.count$)" "sslink=$results.url$" "ssquery=$search$" "ssname=$name$" "inline=$action.email.inline{default=False}$" "sendresults=$action.email.sendresults{default=False}$" "sendpdf=$action.email.sendpdf{default=False}$" "pdfview=$action.email.pdfview$" "searchid=$search
id$" "graceful=$graceful{default=True}$" maxinputs="$maxinputs{default=1000}$" maxtime="$action.email.maxtime{default=5m}$"validate-1 = action.email.sendresults, validate( isbool('action.email.sendresults'), "Value of argument 'action.email.sendresults' must be a boolean")

[email]
subject = $name$:~:$description$
from = myname@mycompany.com
mailserver = smtprelay.mycompany.com
sendpdf = 1
reportServerEnabled = false
reportServerURL =
reportPaperSize = a4
reportPaperOrientation = portrait
reportIncludeSplunkLogo = 1
sendresults = 1

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Why am I not receiving the scheduled pdf delivery of my dashboard with my alert_actions.conf settings in Splunk 6.0.5?

Path Finder

In order to send dashboards as PDF files, you need to have the adminallobjects role assigned to the user. This is referenced in the documentation.

User role configuration to schedule PDF delivery of dashboards

For a user to schedule PDF delivery of dashboards, the user role must contain the following capabilities:
• schedulesearch
• admin
all_objects
This capability is required only if the mail host requires log-in credentials.

Speak Up for Splunk Careers!

We want to better understand the impact Splunk experience and expertise has has on individuals' careers, and help highlight the growing demand for Splunk skills.