Dashboards & Visualizations

What is the syntax for applying a heat map overlay to a results table panel in simple xml?

Glenn
Builder

The heat map being the function that highlights outstanding values in a results table, accessible via the "Overlay" drop down on the report builder, and documented for the advanced xml here: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.3/Developer/ModuleReference#DataOverlay

Is there a way to apply this to table panels in simple xml?

A way to configure the heat map so you can tune what is considered serious (red) and not (white) would also be useful.

0 Karma
1 Solution

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As you state in the docs you can only use: count, displayRowNumbers and showPager options in the simple dashboard XML. For example... 25 true etc... So, I converted my dashboard view to advanced view (append ?showsource=1 at end of URL) Then added heatmap to my advanced XML ... heatmap ... As a work around for now.

View solution in original post

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As you state in the docs you can only use: count, displayRowNumbers and showPager options in the simple dashboard XML. For example... 25 true etc... So, I converted my dashboard view to advanced view (append ?showsource=1 at end of URL) Then added heatmap to my advanced XML ... heatmap ... As a work around for now.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...