Dashboards & Visualizations

What are options for rich text formatting in dashboard studio?

jprior
Observer

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate a dashboard to Dashboard Studio. My dashboard uses <panel> with <html> to add multiple rich text formatted panels. It seems like Dashboard Studio only supports one font style per viz.text.

Are there any other options available that would allow me to have some or all of these features?

• Different font sizes, weights, italics, and colors in the same text area
  • Bulleted lists
  • Links that have text that is different from the actual URL

Like... maybe if there was a way to use Markdown or something, that would be perfect!

Update: I see that Splunk 9.0.0 adds support for a Markdown panel. My companies Splunk instance is 8.2.7, are there any options available until it gets updated to v9?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dashboard Studio does not as far as I remember allow any custom elements so you're limited to the built-in components.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...