Dashboards & Visualizations

Tooltip for multiple fields

genesiusj
Builder

Hello,

I am a novice a javascript and need to perform the following.

Apply tooltips to several fields in a dashboard table. I have seen various answers on combining the two fields into one and using a "|" to separate and hide the other field. While this does work, I have 2 issues with it.

1) As mentioned, I need to use this on more than a single cell. For example. The table will display the user's current email address. We need a tooltip that will display the original email they entered when they subscribed. The same requirement is needed for phone, address, and several other fields.

2) Because the above uses a hidden field and the "|", I need to remove those when the user downloads the table into a csv file. While I believe I could use post-processing, and tabs to control the running of searches to create the csv (still learning that one), I would like to know if there is a simpler way.

Also, as a novice js user, what sites can you recommend so I can start writing and implementing my own js in Splunk? Is all js functionality available in Splunk? Is there a Splunk doc that instructs how to use js? I'm checking out a how-to on js and they use let and const. I see Splunk uses var amongst other syntax.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Teach a man to fish....

God bless,
Genesius

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...