Dashboards & Visualizations

Token Not Working when Adding JSON Values

g038123
Explorer

Hello,

Hoping for some help, I have a simple Dashboard that allows a user to select  specific geography to return results for that geo. The search is based off of a SQL query and uses tokens to determine the correct geography.

The report has been working perfectly for a long time, recently we had an upgrade to our application that added JSON columns to our DB and moved some of the fields I was returning into the JSON clob data field.

I updated the query to extract the necessary JSON fields, which works, however, now after adding the JSON details to the query, the token is no longer working. I keep getting "Search is Waiting for Input".

I have tried to move the connection argument, before and after the SQL query, see below, neither seemed to

work.

| dbxquery query="blah blah" connection=geography

| dbxquery connection=geography query="blah blah"

Hoping someone can point out what I need to add or update, so that the token is recognized/working again.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Would it be possible to share some sample data and part of your dashboard xml ?

It could be due to various issues including presence of a $ sign in your data which needs to be escaped while using in token.

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Would it be possible to share some sample data and part of your dashboard xml ?

It could be due to various issues including presence of a $ sign in your data which needs to be escaped while using in token.

Happy Splunking!

g038123
Explorer

Hi Sorry for the delay in responding. You have helped me immensely.

That indeed was the issues. Thank you so much for the help!

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@g038123, glad it worked.

Appreciate if you could upvote ( 👍 ) and accept it as a solution to close the thread.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...