Dashboards & Visualizations

Tabs in Splunk dashboard not working after Splunk 7.3 upgrade

Path Finder

Hi all,

We configured tabs in Splunk dashboard using below blog.


It was working fine on Splunk 7.0 and after upgrade of Splunk from 7.0 to 7.3.3, the tabs are not working anymore. We checked in Splunk answers, and found a similar issue, which was fixed by upgrade of tabs.js (as suggested in the post below)


We tried the same, but still the tabs are not working as expected.

  • it is not accepting control tokens
  • wiring of the tabs are not working as expectation

anyone had that issue and knows how to fix it?

Thanks !


Grab the newest version from splunk-dashboard-tabs-exampleon github , you may need to refresh your cache as well as that can be an issue after this update...

0 Karma

Path Finder

I tried the solution in https://answers.splunk.com/answers/791943/tabs-in-dashboard.html and it's working for me. In particular, I changed the line
$('a[data-toggle="tab"]').on('shown', selectTab);
$('a[class="toggle-tab"]').on('click shown', selectTab);

I'm not using a submit button or token so I deleted all the lines related to tokens. But if you do, there is another line with "data-toggle" that you have to change.

Also make sure you clear your browser cache as it may be caching the old file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Security Content for Threat Detection & Response, Q1 Roundup

Join Principal Threat Researcher, Michael Haag, as he walks through:An introduction to the Splunk Threat ...

Splunk Life | Happy Pride Month!

Happy Pride Month, Splunk Community! 🌈 In the United States, as well as many countries around the ...

SplunkTrust | Where Are They Now - Michael Uschmann

The Background Five years ago, Splunk published several videos showcasing members of the SplunkTrust to share ...