Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk web UI partially in different language

gfriedmann
Communicator

A few days ago, i had some Korean users using splunk. They may have had admin access.

What i can't figure out is this: Part of the web UI is now in korean instead of English. It isn't the entire UI, but some parts. And it isn't consistent.

For example, when i am in the search App, on the summary dashboard page, the time range drop down shows english for "Custom Time". But when i click on "search" tab on top of the search app, then the time range dropdown box shows korean characters for "Custom Time"

This doesn't happen in IE. Only in firefox currently. And i've tried logging out of my session and clearing all the cookies. Still the display of Korean characters in certain places persists.

Any idea why, or how i can return everything to english?

Tags (3)

ytamura
Path Finder

This happens to us as well. I use a Japanese computer sometimes and for some reason other users are affected so they complain to me. Either that or my Japanese google account and Chrome. Even when you force it to en-US, some parts remain Japanese. Good to know that IE doesn't botch it...

EDIT: IE also did the same thing to me. sigh.

0 Karma

gfriedmann
Communicator

Another logout and clearing off all cookies in the browser and "site preferences" in firefox cleared up the issue.

it is strange how this affected multiple users, though.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...