Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard pre-requirement Document template?

karthi2809
Builder

Hi,

Does SPLUNK have  document template in capturing Dashboard requirements from users?  Below points is request to the user .what they are looking for in a Dashboard.Is any other point to be add.need a sample template.

1. Identify stakeholders’ goals to suggest dashboard metrics ...

2. Take a questions-first approach ...

3. Understand how end users interact with the dashboard ...

4. Identify which KPIs are the most important ...

5. Create a step-by-step workflow ...

6. Collaborate on the dashboard layout in advance ...

7. Choose the dashboard type before creating it ...

8. Repurpose analyzed data to create useful dashboards ...

Thanks,

Karthi

Labels (1)
0 Karma

mmccul
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When it comes to pulling in requirements for a dashboard, the number one requirement I have is "what is the core point of the overall dashboard?"  Your questions are good, but may create a "metrics at the cost of use" mindset where people are so worried about building metrics and pre-answering questions that they don't just sit down and build something useful, quickly.  Also, your approach may work against interrelated dashboards that drill down from one to the other, a good usage model I've used very effectively, and you also see on the monitoring console (MC).  

Dashboards aren't something to be greedy or stingy about.  Let people build them.  

That said, my core rule of thumb is something you may not have noticed:  Good dashboards minimize scrolling.  That means that a well written dashboard, users don't have to scroll (much).  Use pop-up panels (with close links for the pop-up), use drill downs to other dashboards or just build highly targeted dashboards.  It helps, a lot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...