Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard - <eval>

pcontreras
Explorer

Hello there!

I'm trying to use <change> and <eval> inside of my time input to create a token that takes in $time.earliest$ and converts it to a unix timestamp, however, my <eval> is not working how I expect.

pcontreras_0-1698362424842.png

When I use $start_time$ in my dashboard panels, I get a literal copy/paste of the "relative_time(now() ..." statement (i.e., it's not actually evaluating).  I've seen multiple examples in Splunk documentation and it seems like <eval> is supposed to evaluate the function you're trying to use.

Help me, Splunk Community.  You're my only hope.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with what you are doing (apart from I don't think you need the quotes around the token in the relative_time function, and the condition is probably superfluous); the issue may be to do with the version of Splunk you are using as there have been issues with this before iirc. Which version are you using?

0 Karma

pcontreras
Explorer

I'm on Splunk Cloud version 9.0.2305.201.

Don't I need the quotes in the relative_time function?  If $time.earliest$ is a relative time modifier (e.g., -7d@h), it needs quotes, right?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am using enterprise and it works without quotes with -7d@h

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...