Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk AWS app

psriyanka
Explorer

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in the dashboards for AWS Insight 

In splunk_app_aws --> Insights dashboards, I am getting the data when I click on the arrow down button.

Please see the screenshot below

psriyanka_1-1597299715801.png

But when i copy and paste the same code in another application in the same server, I am not getting the details of the account. The code is same but no idea why the details are not showing up...

psriyanka_0-1597299651054.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@psriyanka For Table Row Expansion there is a separate JS file that AWS dashboard would be using. If you have not migrated the required JS that functionality might not work. Check Browser Console to see if there are any JS based Client side errors.

If your intent is to have Table Row Expansion feature in your Simple XML Dashboard, you can check out Splunk Dashboard Examples App which has this example as well. Refer to one of my older answers for detail: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/Can-I-custom-code-a-Splunk-table-to-include-JSON-in-a-...

psriyanka
Explorer

I checked for the json file, its using json file which is included in the code.

But the issue still exist, the other one of the dashboard is capable of pulling the data as in the splunk_app_aws, but the other dashboard is not showing up the data, not able to get to the cause of it.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

I meant JavaScript file referred in the Dashboard xml code not JSON. Can you open source editor and check which JS is referred in script="<fileName>.js"?

Then depending on the Splunk App name try the following URL to see whether it shows up or you get 404 error for static script file...

<yourSplunkURL>/en-US/static/app/<yourSplunkAppName>/<yourJSFileName>.js

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...