Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk 9.1.0.1 Custom JavaScipt Error

be
Explorer

Hi, I have several dashboards that are utilizing the custom JS to create tabs from this 2015 Splunk blog: Making a dashboard with tabs (and searches that run when clicked) | Splunk

The custom JS from the blog and the tabs worked perfectly on Splunk versions 8.1.3; however, after upgrading to version 9.1.0.1. The custom JavaScript that powers the tabs no longer works. When loaded, the dashboards show an error that says: "A custom JavaScript error caused an issue loading your dashboard." 

Does anyone know how to update the JavaScript from this blog post to be compatible with Splunk version 9.1.0.1 and JQuery 3.5? I have not been able to find any other Splunk questions referencing this same issue. I can provide the full JavaScript from the blog post in this message if necessary. It is also on the blog post. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

be
Explorer

For anyone else who comes across this issue, an updated version of the tabs.js and tabs.css can be found directly at the blog author's github repo: splunk-dashboard-tabs-example/src/appserver/static/tabs.js at master · LukeMurphey/splunk-dashboard-...

The most recent version has been updated to work with jquery 3.5.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

be
Explorer

For anyone else who comes across this issue, an updated version of the tabs.js and tabs.css can be found directly at the blog author's github repo: splunk-dashboard-tabs-example/src/appserver/static/tabs.js at master · LukeMurphey/splunk-dashboard-...

The most recent version has been updated to work with jquery 3.5.

0 Karma

be
Explorer

@kamlesh_vaghela is this something you could take a look at? I saw you answering similar questions. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...