Dashboards & Visualizations

Set/Reset token by a search finishing in Dashboard Studio

simon_b
Path Finder

Is there an option in Dashboard Studio to set/reset a token that was previously set by a "Click Event" to a new value when a specific search in the Dashboard has finished running?

Just to clarify:

• I know that I can access tokens from the search with $search name:result.<field>$ or other tokens like $search name:job.done$.
  • What I would need is to set a token when a search is done 

Example:

1. Token "tok_example" has the default value 0
  2. With the click on a button (click event) in the dashboard the token "tok_example" is set to value 1
  3. This (the value 1 of the token "tok_example") triggers a search in the dashboard to run
  4. After the search is finished, I want to set the token "tok_example" back to it's original value 0 (without any additional interaction by the user with the dashboard)

Step 4 is the part I don't know how to do in Dashboard Studio. Is there a solution for that?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Monitoring Postgres with OpenTelemetry

Behind every business-critical application, you’ll find databases. These behind-the-scenes stores power ...

Mastering Synthetic Browser Testing: Pro Tips to Keep Your Web App Running Smoothly

To start, if you're new to synthetic monitoring, I recommend exploring this synthetic monitoring overview. In ...

Splunk Edge Processor | Popular Use Cases to Get Started with Edge Processor

Splunk Edge Processor offers more efficient, flexible data transformation – helping you reduce noise, control ...