Dashboards & Visualizations

Return Visualization and table from one search

Tachikoma
Engager

Apologies if this has been asked before. 

Essentially, I have a Single-value visualization in a dashboard that just displays a number. This dashboard was built in Dashboard Studio, and the search tied to the visualization is a simple:

Index="my_index"
| stats count

What I want to accomplish is that when people open this search from the visualization, instead of displaying the | stats count, it will display a table of the data.

If I add a table command at the end, I lose the stats for the visualization. Is there any way to have both a table and stats from one search? Or is there a way to have a different search open when somebody clicks this visualization?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Tachikoma
Engager

I found the answer. I added an interaction to my dashboard visualization, and linked a custom URL to the search I wanted. So now when users click on the number in the dashboard, it takes them to a table of the data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Tachikoma
Engager

I found the answer. I added an interaction to my dashboard visualization, and linked a custom URL to the search I wanted. So now when users click on the number in the dashboard, it takes them to a table of the data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...